Join us as NewTown celebrates twenty years as a persistent weed in the garden of art with our biggest event of the year. Since 1995, NewTown has presented over 675 innovative artists in every discipline to over 400,000 people, many of the events free and in public spaces. We’ve stuck around a long time and couldn’t have done it without you.
Now come celebrate with us in typical NewTown style with an afternoon of art installations, performances, spoken word, and live music by 34 leading L.A. and nationally acclaimed artists. Many works have been created especially for the event, with a few surprises that you won’t want to miss. And of course, food and drink.
This event is also a fundraiser committed to supporting NewTown’s working artists and innovative programming for the future. So please help FEED THE WEED while celebrating in our garden of art!
Saturday, April 25, 2015 1:00-6:00 PM
- $40 General (includes food, and your first drink is on the house)
- $30 Student and NewTown members
- Free for kids under 12 (Note: there may be adult content)
Feed The Weed is located outdoors at a private home in Pasadena’s Arroyo Seco. The address will be emailed to you the night before the event (shhhhhhh!).
Reservations has been closed
Participating artists include:
- *Grace Amemiya
- *Beth Block
- *George Barker
- Karen Bonfigli and Andreas Hessing
- *Lorri Deyer
- Pat Gomez
- Michael Guccione
- *Lisa Mann
- *Lisa Schoyer
- *Steve Shoffner
- Robert Wechsler
Site Specific Performances
- Claudia Bucher
- Nancy Popp
- Matt Wardell
- Non Credo with *Joe Berardi, *Kira Vollman, Michael Alvidrez and Carlos Alvidrez
- Pat Payne
- Repercussion Unit: Gregg Johnson, Amy Knoles, Jim Hildebrandt and Larry Stein
- A Tribute to Arthur Jarvinen with *Rima Snyder, Irene Gregorio-Stoup, Jack Vees, MB Gordy and Miroslav Tadic
Artist’s Multiples (For Sale)
- *Richard Amromin
- *Susan Braig (Designer Drug Jewlery)
- *Chusien Chang
- *Stanton Hunter (Earth Fragments)
- *Lisa Schoyer
- Various performing artists’ CDs
*After two decades dedicated to presenting other emerging and mid-career artists, NewTown breaks precedence, featuring work by many of its Board members.
Images Coming Soon