Become a NewTown Member
With greater Los Angeles ranking at or near the bottom of cities in the industrialized world in per capita funding for the arts, organizations like Newtown must rely more heavily on you, the enlightened stakeholder for support. As you can see in the following statistics, NewTown has been a major presence in alternative and experimental arts in our region.
In over 20 Years of Programming, Newtown has:
- Produced 59 multidisciplinary, often major and complex, events presenting 684 artists, including; 197 visual artists, 236 experimental and alternative film and video makers, 24 spoken word artists, 78 performance artists and dancers, 149 musicians
- Lived up to its mandate to pay all artists;
- Brought new art works and new art forms to over 200,000 people, many of whom had never encountered “experimental” art, with many of the events free and in public spaces;
- Been a leading advocate for small, grassroots arts organizations;
- Maintained minimal administrative costs, with 85% of all memberships, grants and ticket sales go directly to artists and event production.
The Perks of Membership
We keep our perks to a minimum and dedicate our resources to bringing you the most challenging new art in creative formats. We do however offer two tokens of our appreciation:
- Discounts at all of our ticketed events
- The occasional members-only event
How to Join
Simply choose your desired annual membership level then click “add to cart” to become a member. Members who donate over $50 will receive: “We Did What?” – Newtown’s Retrospective DVD. And those that donate over $100 will receive a free t-shirt!
What If I Don’t Want to Join On-Line?
We will be happy to send you any information you want, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope. Simply contact us and ask for membership information, along with your name and address. If you want to discuss NewTown, please feel contact the creative and executive director, Lorri Deyer at firstname.lastname@example.org